My first book review is on The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf, it can be found here, http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Silence-Heather-Gudenkauf/dp/077832740X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262504612&sr=1-1 I have to say that I picked this book up a few times started it put it back down started it again. Now that I have finished I have no idea why? This is an amazing book about two little girls and the friendship that they have. It is also a very heartbreaking story.
The story is about two seven year old girls, one is what they call a selective mute, the other is her voice. They seem to know what the other one is thinking without having to say a word. One day both girls go missing and the story is about the journey to find them and the journey of the girls.
The biggest hurdle that you have to face with this book is that each chapter is a different character speaking at first it was very confusing until you realize that it's really only from the perspective of about five of the main characters. Once you realize who is who the format really grows on you. In each chapter you learn a little bit more of the backstory of each character.
The end is also not your typical everyone goes home happy ending, it's actually rather sad for some and happy for others.
Overall, I would recommend this book to everyone. I give it about a 7/10 because I would not read it again, but I did enjoy and would recommend it to anyone who does not mind a good look into a deeply troubling and personal time for group of people having a loved one missing.
No comments:
Post a Comment