Friday, October 2, 2009

Hi everyone,

Been awhile since I have posted on here. I need to start posting here again so I figured I would kick off this post with some things that I have been creating lately.

First are some pictures of my working area:




This is my box of stuff that I am going to be working on. The first thing is the rest of the top of the quilt that I am currently sewing up, I should finish the blocks of that one today. This quilt is from the fall edition of this website: http://www.patchworkparty2009.com/ I chose the pattern of shabby fabrics as my favorite pattern. This quilt has been challenging but I really enjoyed it I got some cool acrylic templates to assist in making the blocks so that was nice.

The project after that is a candle mat for my Grandma Hedges. And the last thing is a flannel quilt from http://www.pineneedlequiltshop.com/. This will be for our house and I am excited to put it together.



These two are my lovely work area. Including my lovely Pfaff sewing machine. This was my birthday present from my super awsome husband. We got a fabulous deal on it when we were in Oregon on his R and R so I got it 3 months early. What was that fabulous deal you ask? Well you buy the sewing machine and I got a $1,300 fabumotion for free. How cool is that? I will soon bust that baby out and use it.
This is a quilt that I made a few years ago. I am going to baste it and quilt it together and finish it. I really am, I dont know if I am going to keep it or give it away yet but I will decide that in a little bit.



So this is a project for my little brother. It started out as a project for my friend who's husband is a firefighter and my brother who is also a firefighter. Well the original project was to small for a normal human being so I figured I would just turn it into one big quilt. It was the perfect size. I made it into an extra-long twin quilt so that he could take it to the fire house when he stays the night there.

The black print is firefighter related. I plan on making the binding black, to match the print. The red mixed with the yellow on this top was a little bright but when I added the blue border it toned it down alot. I really love the end result, now just waiting until I can get what I need to baste it together and quilt the top. I got some really cool thread that looks like fire for the quilt. I am excited to quilt it and give it to him.


That is all for now, I am really enjoying sewing again as I can do it while I am watching TV which is nice, and its very relaxing which is also nice. I think I also like it because to me it is a big puzzle and really neat to see a fabric become this intricate think. It's exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment