Sunday, June 23, 2013

Some Quilt Projects

I have been working on some quilty projects lately.

Both sets of blocks are from two different blocks on the month from Fat Quarter Shop.

The first block I am going to show you is called Strawberry Picking and it is from the 2013 Designer Mystery Block of the Month. Unfortunately it looks like the kit of the month is sold out and that they only have the finishing kit available. I really like the block and am excited to put this kit all together.


The next two blocks are from the Women of Courage Block of the month that Fat Quarter Shop did last year. Each block is named after a famous Women in History.

The first block is called Nancy Wake. She was a neat lady, she served as a British Agent against the Nazi's in WWII. 

The second block is Sojourner Truth, a Slave who fought for the independence of other Slaves during the revolution. 


I think I am excited for this kit because I get to learn a little bit about history and the old style quilt will for perfectly in the spare room. 

Now my secret to better corners and matched seams? Well that my friend is starch, and Alyssa Lichner  at Pile O' Fabric has a great tutorial on starching part One and Part two.



No comments:

Post a Comment