Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Q2 2016 Quilt Along


So now that I am on terminal leave from the Army I have more time to do things like quilt :). It has only been three weeks since I started terminal leave and I am still trying to get into the grove of things like dropping my daughter off at school and getting my homework done.

Since I have so much more free time then I did before I am going to participate in the Q2 2016 finish-a-long. I have four projects that I am proposing to finish this quarter.


PROJECT 1

Clara's big girl bed quilt


My daughter is moving from a toddler bed to a twin bed this summer. I was looking through my stash and found these cute fairies that I got as part of a kit when I went to the Houston Quilt Show. Well the kit was not big enough to turn into a queen bed so Clara and I went through my stats and found a bunch of batiks that we thought were pretty. I added them to the fairy blocks and designed a quilt from there.

Project 2
A dress for Clara


Like most little girls mine love my little pony, so I bought her some fabric to make a my little pony dress. Having a little girl who is all legs and arms and super skinny I have found that making her dresses is the way to go.

Project 3
Trip home quilt

My grandma finished quilting me this almost a year ago, all I have left to do is bury threads and add a binding. All of the fabrics and pattern were picked when I went shop hopping with my grandma on a trip home.

Protect 4 
Letters home


Ever have a project you just want done because it drives you crazy? That is this one. I just want this quilt done and out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment