Monday, April 18, 2016

Sewing Room Floor

Today I am sharing a project that I have had the top completed and quilted for a few years and had no desire to finish. Well I am participating in a Finish-along this quarter and I put this quilt as something to finish.

Story behind this quilt:

I spotted this quilt on the wall at janni lou creations during one of my shop hop visits to Oregon. The quilt on the wall was beautiful, and they did not have any more quilt kits left. So I bought the pattern and during the shop hop go all of the beautiful batiks to make the quilt. I started making the quilt in July of 2014 and when I finished it I took it to Grandma to quilt it (and fix my y seams). Eventually on another trip to Oregon I got it back and then promptly tucked it into a closet, because I had no desire to bury all the threads from Grandma quilting. After having the same quilt on my bed for close to two years I decided it was time to put a new quilt on the bed. I pulled out this quilt and used my christmas gift certificate to order the binding. Once the binding material arrived on friday I promptly made binding and stitched it down, then spent the rest of the weekend hand sewing the binding. I love this quilt even more now that it is done. 





No comments:

Post a Comment