Monday, June 3, 2013

Sketch lovers Blog Hop



Welcome to the SG Blog Hop for June, if this is your first stop, you might like to start at the Scrapbook Generation blog and then hop through each link. Here is the list in case you get lost

Scrapbook Generation blog - http://scrapbookgeneration.blogspot.com/

Each blog will share a project using one of the SG sketches as a starting point. You can find the sketches in their books and downloads in the SG store, and there is a free one every month in case you wanted to try it out.


This is the sketch from scrapbook generations National scrapbook day free double page sketch. Located here: Free Sketch.

I used the sketch to document some of the things that happened in June of 2012. Journaling reads: In June Jeremy and Clara attended Tyler's birthday at the Waco Zoo. Clara played tug of war with Nala. Jeremy, Clara, and Diana visited the mammoth caves. In Afghanistan I celebrated the Queen's diamond jubilee (60 Years as queen), and ran a 5K.

I used Kraft for the background and then pulled scraps out for the pattern paper. I love using the sketchs for the scraps, normally there are some small pieces on the sketch so I can use up some of my scraps.


Next on the hop is http://www.tammygrant.blogspot.com/ , leave a comment on each blog and one lucky commenter will receive a free sketch bundle of their choice from the store. The winner will be draw on June 10th, so you have one week to leave a comment.

Good luck and thank you for visiting my blog. 

32 comments:

  1. great layout! love the color combo you did here. thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love the bright colors. I love the sketches for my scraps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that instead on one event, you used photos for an entire month. I need to try this sometime. Love your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Love the,bold colors on the Kraft background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you used this sketch. During all the festivities, I must have missed that there was a free download for NSD. I love how you used scraps to complete your look. I am always trying different ways to use them up and this sketch is perfect for it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to do an entire month on one layout. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sketch and I have played with that sketch already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love following this blog as I am a long time admirer of Scrapbook Generation and Allison. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the bright colors against the kraft. I think I need to dig out that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I loved that sketch and did a LO using pictures from our wedding in 1961. Used 'vintagey' papers and am so happy with the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fun, bright colors you used! I also love the stitched stars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice LO. I like the idea of capturing a month of events in a single LO. I also appreciate the mention of scraps. I usually start with new paper on a LO and have a growing pile of scraps. Note to self: check the scrap pile first. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how the bright aqua paper pops on the kraft cardstock. Great job capturing a month in a layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous layout with GREAT detail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome colors! I really like the bright colors against the kraft pp...a very sharp look! Also like the idea of scrapping a month of activities! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super layout, I love the bright papers, great choice for summer pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you used scraps for the pp flags! Don't you just love SG sketches?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun layout, love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bright colours against the kraft background, looks awesome!!! Thanks for the link to the free sketch too - missed that one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great layout and love this sketch. This sketch is perfect for us to use up the scrap papers from our stash bins.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love these sketches. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great layout! Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your layout. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the pennants, they're always a nice addition to the layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I also love sketches where I can use scraps. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE the bright background!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the bright banners. Great page. I almost used that sketch for my page.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the colours that you used, they are so fun and happy, great use of the NSD sketch!! Thanks so much for joining in the SG hop.

    ReplyDelete